LIT is hiring! Join us part-time
Email Founder & Executive Director Erica Mosca your resume, job interested in and why you are applying at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application window for PROGRAM COORDINATOR closes Tuesday July 25, 2017.
Program Coordinator (current college students recommended), up to 3 positions
Leaders in Training (LIT) is a 501(c)(3) local and grassroots non-profit organization with the vision to empower East Las Vegas students to become first-generation college graduates and the next-generation of diverse leaders who change the world. LIT is a free after school program focusing on college access and attainment, critical consciousness and leadership development through high school, college and alumni support programs. LIT currently serves 80 East Las Vegas students from high school sophomores to college juniors. During the 2017-2018 school year, LIT will expand to 140 students total and 3 program sites.
With this expansion, LIT is excitedly seeking up to 3 part-time Program Coordinators to empower equitable opportunity for the East Las Vegas community during the 2017-2018 school year. The position is $10/hour at approximately 10 hours/week and is guaranteed for one year (due to grant funding) starting August 2017. LIT plans to secure funds to make the position permanent.
Part-Time Program Coordinator Roles & Responsibilities:
- Run Thursday Cohort 6 programming for 2 hours that includes:
- Cohort 6 freshman internship tutoring elementary school students (there will be an adult in the room at all times)
- Break/Three Square meal break (program coordinator in charge of all weekly Three Square paper work)
- Execute leadership speaker or leadership lesson program (program coordinator executes; Executive Director will plan/organize the speakers, speaker schedules and provide curriculum/material for leadership lessons)
- Run Cohort 6 weekly grade turn in & study hall attendance/study hall
- Transport/chaperone monthly events & annual events (Executive Director plans, Program Coordinators attend/run)
- Attend monthly parent meetings to build relationships with Cohort 6 families (reminder communication from Program Coordinators and general updates from Executive Director)
- Weekly check-in with manager (Executive Director or Program Manager) on student retention, issues, celebrations, etc & to work on professional growth
Job Type: Part-time